Saturday, August 14, 2010

It has been forever!

Oh my Goodness, it has been ages since I have posted anything on here! July was an absolutely busy month and soooo hot! Our A/C was broken for a while and I was about to melt! Thank God it's all better now! LOL!

Kenzie went to church camp and I went with her as a dorm mom! We had a great time and made lots of friends! God really moved in the services and almost 40 kids received the Holy Ghost! Praise God! What an awesome time!

And of course I have been getting ready to start homeschool again. Abby is five now so I will be teaching her basic reading and math mostly. Kenzie is eight and going into third grade, and she reads great. After her achievement test this spring though, I have realized that we need to work on her Language Mechanics... you know, punctuation, capitalization, etc.We will be using mostly Abeka curriculum for Kenzie this year along with lots of classic books, like McGuffey Readers and other books from long ago.

We are planning to do some lapbooking together as a family too so that should be fun! I think lapbooking appeals to me alot because it is so similar to scrapbooking! So as we work on these I will post pictures.

Ok since most of this post has been about homeschooling... I want to share a couple of new scrapbook pages with you that I just finished using a great new kit from Circle of Life Scraps...Hooray 4 Homeschool by Circle Of Life Scraps So here they are!




1 comment:

  1. Love your blog-- and how wonderful of a report from camp! Praise the Lord!!! So happy we have that common bond as well. :D

    ReplyDelete